Physiology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Physiology

Online forum for Physiologists

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Query after m.sc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSHANTA DEB

Number of posts : 1
Educational Qualification : M.Sc (human physiology)
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Query after m.sc Empty
PostSubject: Query after m.sc   Query after m.sc Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:42 pm

I m from tripura doing m.sc in human physiology from tripura university,as far as i know this subject is teach only in tripura & kolkata
i wish to know whether other state of india conduct this subject as their general educational curriculam or as an branch of medical science . whether an individual with m.sc in human physiology qualification be able to apply for phd program in medical collages or not .
what are the scope for an physiologist in his/her further study like phd program(suggest some institute)
Back to top Go down
Dr.Saravanan

Dr.Saravanan

Number of posts : 8
Educational Qualification : MD Physiology
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Query after m.sc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query after m.sc   Query after m.sc Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Welcome Sushanta. M.Sc in Human Physiology is taught in the name M.Sc. Medical Physiology in other state also. But make sure that your degree is awarded under Faculty of Medicine and not under Faculty of Science. Once your degree is recognized as a medical faculty degree, you are eligible for doing Ph.D in medical colleges. Regarding scope... you are eligible for working as an Assistant Professor in a medical college after your Ph.D. MCI allows upto 30% of staff strength in Physiology dept from M.Sc stream. (But whether the institutes appoint such people or they prefer only MDs is a different issue). You are wanted by many research institutes too. All the best.
Back to top Go down

Query after m.sc
Page 1 of 1